- Has published over 375 articles in referenced medical journals and 4 books including Diet For Life.
- Recognized by his peers with his inclusion in the “Best Doctors in America” and America’s Top Doctors since 2001.
- Listed in Best Doctors for men in Men’s Health in 2007.
- Listed in Best Doctors for women in Women’s Health in 2008.
- USA Today listed him in Most Influential Doctors in Diabetes and Lipids .
- In 2012 he was, on the recommendation of his patients, included in America's Most Compassionate Doctors.
- In 2001 he was presented the Distinguished Clinician award by the American College of Endocrinology for outstanding contributions as a master educator and clinician.
- In 2002 received the Seale Harris Award by the Southern Medical Association for superior contributions to the art and science of diabetes and endocrinology.
-Most recently Dr. Bell has been selected by the American College of Endocrinology to receive at the annual meeting on May 14, 2022 the Master of American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (MACE) Award.